Bedpan Washer Disinfector
DEKO 190v & DEKO 190ix
The DEKO 190 Bedpan Washer is designed and constructed to meet the standard performance and design requirements stated in ISO 15883-1 Washer-disinfectors – General requirements and in ISO 15883-3 Requirements and tests for washer-disinfectors employing thermal disinfection for human waste containers, together with, the Safety requirements stated in IEC 61010-2-045: Particular requirements for washer-disinfectors used in medical, pharmaceutical, veterinary and laboratory fields.
The DEKO 190 is intended for emptying, flushing, cleaning and thermally disinfecting by steam, human waste containers intended for re-use such as:
- Bedpans and lids
- Supports for disposable single-use bedpans
- Patient wash bowls
- Urine bottles
- Mop buckets
- Suction bottles
- Measuring jugs
- Kidney dishes
- and all other reusable products used for similar purposes within patient care
Process results are guaranteed throughout:
- Water pressure for washing is supplied by a high powered 600L/min recirculation pump.
- Detergent is injected into the re-circulated wash water by the automatic integral dosing system.
- The unique working principle facilitates cleaning and steam disinfection of the entire system including wash chamber, water tank and drain outlet with the minimum usage of water and energy
- The steam disinfection phase is generated by the integrated non-pressurized boiler and is directed through the water tank, outlet and internal pipework.
- Easy programmable wide selection of disinfection temperatures and cycle setups to secure the microbial inactivation impact.
Cycles can be modifed to meet almost any special requirement, though the standard requirements are met with the fixed, tested and approved cycles pre-programmed by the manufacturer. The access code system protects any unauthorized changes to the set parameters.
The washing spray patterns are delivered through 3 rotating + 8 fixed spray jets guaranteeing contact with all surfaces and crevices of items with varying design.
DEKO 190 has a large wash chamber and capacity for automatic emptying and processing of 2 bedpans with lids and 4 urine bottles simultaneously. The integrated drop down shelf provides space for 4 hand wash basins or a mop bucket with seating ring. The shelf can also be utilised as a base to accommodate and process inserts and washing accessories e.g. kidney dishes, bowls, vases, toilet brushes / holders, as well as, various hollowware. Using optional holders and baskets enables the correct positioning and easy loading of various items, eg; suction jars & medicine pots, and extends the DEKO 190’s capacity and versatility.
Safe and Secure
The door is locked securely throughout the cycle. A green indicator will advise when the door is unlocked for opening. An audible indicator may be added to draw attention to the ending of the cycle. In order to guarantee that the values of the critical process variables were truly obtained and as programmed, the Deko 190 is equipped with the verification level A – independent temperature verification sensor.
Cleaning efficacy is increased by dosing automatically the precise pre-determined volume of detergent at the correct time of the wash cycle. The detergent container is safely positioned into the easily accessible housing. The intelligent control system monitors the washing pressure constantly and secures the achievement of the pre-set process values. A low level detecting system will illuminate the red indicator to warn when the detergent volume is running low.
Quiet Efficient and Reliable
The DEKO 190 occupies its space efficiently. One unit requires only W600xD630 mm of floor space. Connections to water, electricity and drain are provided with all necessary safety features. Regular control & maintenance of the machine is made quick and easy by the service mode of the microprocessor and the easily accessible components. Water is taken into the chamber from the integrated water tank. User and Maintenance Manuals include all relevant details and instructions required. Any information, advice, personnel training and service calls are attended to with the utmost dedication and urgency. Availability of spares is guaranteed for a minimum of 10 years after date of shipment and the complete programme and software lodged securely with an independent body.
Durability and reliability in continuous, heavy and busy institutional operating circumstances have been the key factors in the design of the Deko 190.
- Holder for 2 bedpans
- Water jet nozzles for 4 urine bottles
- Fold-down wire shelf for various re-usable items
- In-built steam generator
- Powerful re-circulation water pump, output 600 L/min
- Framework, panels and wash chamber all made of stainless steel
- Fully automatic microprocessor control
- Independent temperature verification sensor and indicator
- Cycle selection & start keys
- In-process indication
- cycle & phase info
- Cycle complete indication: a green led
- Fault indication: red flashing led
- Multi-level access code system with special codes for: maintenance, authorised person
- Secure, tested cycle files with denied access
- Customised cycles
- Component test mode
- 3 rotating + 8 fixed wash jets
- Integrated automatic detergent dosing system
- Low level of detergent indication
- Compartment for the process chemical container
- Entry port for test temperature sensor leads
- Load temperature protection and over temperature cut-outs
- Automatic foam and washing water pressure control system
- Opaque cold and hot water connection hoses ½“ BSP
- Drain outlet diameter 90-100 mm
- Sound and heat insulated
- Vapour condenser
- Height adjustable feet
- Back syphon Type ’A’ air gap protection, where required
- 381170 Utensil basket with a lid dim. 340x250x200 mm
- 381220 Instrument tray 250 x 170 x 70 mm
381221 Lid 250 x 170 mm
381210 Instrument tray 340 x 250 x 70 mm
381211 Lid 340 X 250 mm
381200 Instrument tray 450 x 340 x 70 mm
381201 Lid 450 x 340
- 381685 Kidney dish rack, 6
- 381515 Peg rack, 12
- 381450 Shoe rack, 4 pairs
- 381680 Insert for 4 urine bottles
- 381690 Suction bottle rack as per given dimensions
- 381692 Tipping suction bottle insert, 2 as per bottle dimensions
- 381682 Hose rack , 6
- 381683 Insert for Oras shower handles and hoses 4 handles and hoses
Height (* H150mm legs). See below. 1460/*1610
Weight kg 130
Weight lbs 287
Gross wash chamber volume L 72
Inner dimensions mm:
Chamber height 640
Chamber width 480
Chamber depth 360
• Independent detergent flow verification
• Integrated Process verification serial ink printer for a permanent record of the process details
• Descale dosage pump
• Lockable door for chemical container
• Automatic non-touch door with an optical sensor
• Audible cycle end indicator
• Pressure registering
In addition the Deko 190ix features:
The DEKO 190ix presents the latest technology in user interface applications in washer-disinfectors. Information & control panel provides the means to view cycle information real time and view the remaining cycle time. Also included is an automatic cycle counter and the intelligent software provides advice on service actions.
Ease of use
The DEKO 190ix’s door opens & closes smoothly and is locked securely throughout the cycle by the automatic locking system. The clear text on the display and the cycle complete indicator will inform the operator when the cycle has been completed. The in-built condenser prevents the escape of excessive steam and minimises the moisture within the chamber at the end of the cycle.
The advanced electronic control system can provide practically an unlimited number of tailored cycles with the 3 most used cycles available at a touch of a button and additional ones by scrolling. Process parameters are protected by security codes. The machine is facilitated by a 3 level access code to prevent unauthorised use of the machine.
Protection to thermo-labile medical devices is provided by a double overheat protection. To achieve the outstanding, consistent cleaning efficiency the washer disinfector monitors the detergent volume very closely as well as preventing the washer to start if there is insufficient detergent volume to complete the cycle.
An automatic ‘Non-Touch’ door activated by an optical sensor is available as an option only on the ix model.